Friday, July 22, 2005

First week of work!

Well, I survived my first week of working a real job in New York City. So far I am loving it. I really like my co-workers and the project I'm working on is interesting and giving me experience in GIS, which I am happy about. I am working on a flood-plain mapping project for FEMA. So far, I have been mapping all of the rivers, streams, creeks, etc in New York and New Jersey, one county at a time. Also, I had my first day of work at the Manhattan Sailing School. Instead of teaching a class, I just had to take out some young ladies from Popular Mechanics magazine and an ad agency for a pleasure sail. I sailed them out to the Statue of Liberty and back while they drank beer and enjoyed themselves. I know, tough job, but somebody's got to do it. I will send pictures of my office view when my camera returns from Portugal with Katie. The office is located in Long Island City, across the river from Manhattan so there are some great views.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home