Sunday, July 31, 2005

Katie takes over the blog...

I let Katie borrow my camera for her work-related trip to Portugal. Here she takes over the blog to narrate the beautiful pictures she took.

Katie says, "This is a craft fair in Cascais, a beach town near Lisbon. I bought some pottery there (and some earrings for myself)."


"Still at the craft fair."


"This once was the summer home for the Portugese royal family. We drove up a steep mountain from Sintra to get there."


"Portugal is known for its unique tile designs as seen here."


"View from castle."


"This is Lisbon, from the balcony of the Four Seasons Hotel. Lisbon reminds me of San Francisco with the steep hills, the colorful buildings, and this bridge that was designed by an American company to resemble the Golden Gate Bridge."


"These are my co-workers (hard at work). I can't remember the name of this restaurant but it was the best meal of my life."


"This is Ginchu Beach. I spent an afternoon there getting burnt :-) "


"Sunset at Ginchu Beach"


"Quelez Palace. This is where we had our final night dinner for the group."


"The dining room at Quelez Palace. Beautiful!"


"The city of Sintra."


"Cascais Harbor"


"Fisherman at Cascais Harbor."


"An afternoon in Cascais"


"More tilework in Cascais"


"This is where we ate dinner our last night in Portugal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home