Monday, August 15, 2005

Annapolis


Katie came down to visit me in Alexandria, Virginia for the weekend. We headed over to Annapolis on Saturday for the day. If I had thought about it more, I would have opted for a museum day in DC because it was a real nasty hot, humid day. We started out at the Naval Academy, where we were able to walk around and check out the impressive campus.

The copper roofs at the Naval Acadamy are quite lovely.

The sailing center at the Naval Academy, where I once wiped snow off my boat before a regatta while in college. It was about 93 degrees and humid on this day, though.

This is the City Dock area of Annapolis, with the Maryland State House in the background. The State House is the oldest state capitol building still in use, and was built in 1788 without any nails.

We had Maryland crab cakes and mussels at McGarvey's near the docks.

Large old boat at the City Docks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home